Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tasting - Seguinot Bordet Chablis

Name: Seguinot Bordet Chablis

Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Chablis
Country: France
Year: 2008
Price: $30 (at a restaurant)

Winery Review:  N/A

Ned's Take:
I bought this wine to share with my girlfriend when we went out to dinner. I thought that this was a pretty good wine, but definitely not the best chardonnay I have ever had. It did go quite well with the Alfredo sauce on the pasta, but it was not worth 30 dollars by any standard. I could tell that the wine had been oaked, but not enough to dominate the palate. It had a lot of the classic flavors that I have learned to associate with chardonnay. It was smooth, buttery, and had really good acid balance. I was able to pick up apples with some tropical fruit mixed in. The one thing that was different from most of the other chardonnays I've had is that had a distinct minerally taste. It wasn't over the top, but was definitely a nice complement to the fruit on the palate. My overall opinion was that this wine was pretty good, but not worth what I paid. I won't say that it was great just because it is a Chablis. It actually was slightly disappointing to me that I've had much cheaper chardonnays from other regions that were just as good as this wine. 

Tasted With Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment