Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tasting - Torrent Bay Chardonnay

Name: Torrent Bay Chardonnay

Variety: Chardonnay
Region:Nelson
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95

Winery Review:   
Fleshy, melony aromas cuddle some fresh oak. The palate has decent acidity so there’s freshness along with weight, resiny oak flavors, lemon and green apple.

Ned's Take:
Wow, this was a weird wine. I found it really hard to place the taste and scent. For some reason I was being reminded of a very specific food taste but was frustrated that the name alluding me. I think fleshy would be a good description, and I really didn't get the fruit flavors. I did smell the oak and the taste reminded me a bit of a smoked meat. In a blind tasting there would be no way that I would guess that this was a chardonnay. It was quite different from what flavors and characteristics I normally associate with chardonnay. I didn't like the wine, but I can at least appreciate that they did something out of the ordinary.

Tasted Without Food

No comments:

Post a Comment