Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tasting - Spanish Vines Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Spanish Vines Sauvignon Blanc

Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $4.95

Winery Review:   
85 Points, Wine Enthusiast.  Apple and floral notes and then an almost buttery palate with baked apple and citrus flavors.

Ned's Take:
I was not a fan of this wine. I have never been a big fan of sauvignon blanc, but this one definitely was not up my alley. It was not as earthy or grassy as some other sauvignon blancs, but those flavors were hiding in the flavor palate. The major scent and flavor I got was the citrus and the apple could be picked out too. I will say that it had nice texture and body. It was thick and smooth, which I definitely liked. It was bitter, tart, and seemed out of balance and disjointed. I guess for 5 dollars it isn't too bad, the mouth feel of the wine is worth at least 3 bucks. With this wine, I think there is a reason it has been discounted to 5 dollars.

Tasted Without Food

No comments:

Post a Comment