Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tasting - Aconga Chenin Blanc



Name: Aconga Chenin Blanc

Variety: 80% Chenin Blanc, 20% Chardonnay
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2010
Price: $4

Winery Review:  N/A

Ned's Take:
I felt that this was a darn good wine for under five bucks. The nose was nice and had scents of citrus, apple, and a little bit of honey.The taste was nice and tart. There were some interesting fruit flavors with a slight earthy edge. I think that blending in some chardonnay helped with the balance and the texture. It was smooth and didn't have as much of a bite as I have seen in the one or two other chenin blanc wines I've had. This was my first wine from Argentina and I have to say that I was impressed at the quality that I got for such a small price.

Tasted Without Food

No comments:

Post a Comment