Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tasting - Muscanti Brut

Name: Muscanti Brut

Variety: Muscanti
Region: Girona
Country: Spain
Year: NA
Price: $7.95

Winery Review:  Lemon blossoms, green apple, toast and honeydew melon are front and center in this crisp refreshing Spanish Sparkler. Silky supple with lingering flavors, yet a tingle of citric acid on the finish. A combination of traditional cava grapes but this wine is not made in the traditional méthode champenoise (which is required by Spanish law to be called Cava). This is made with the Charmat process so this wine may only be called ‘Spanish sparkling wine’ .

Ned's Take:
I was not a big fan of this wine, even though I thought it was decent. There was a lot of frizante and the carbonation felt a little heavy for my liking. I got a lot of citrus and zesty fruit flavors. There was a lot of tropical fruit and melon on the nose and taste. I would say that it was a little bit sugary and could have been better balanced. Overall, I would recommend passing on this wine.


Tasted Without Food

1 comment: