Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tasting - Rioja Antano Crianza

Name: Rioja Antano Crianza

Variety: Tempranillo Blend
Region: La Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2008
Price: $8.99

Winery Review:  N/A

Ned's Take:
I felt that this was a darn good wine for under ten dollars. The nose was nice and had strong scents of dried, mixed, dark fruit. The nose was nice and strong, which is a plus in my mind since I want to be able to get some enjoyment out of just the smell. The taste was well balanced and was not too dry or acidic. The taste reminded me of dried or smoked plum with possibly a little fig. There was some oak taste, but luckily it was not one of the main flavors. I found it interesting that my palate picked up some traces of apple and even cloves. This all made for an enjoyable and interesting drink, but it wasn't something that I would drink alone. It is balanced and easy enough to drink to be consumed alone, but it would probably be more exciting with a good dinner.

Tasted Without Food

No comments:

Post a Comment