Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tasting - DeLoach Pinot Noir

Name:  DeLoach Pinot Noir

Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $12.95

Winery Review:
On the nose, savory aromas of smoked meats and fragrant herbs are touched with the scent of mouthwatering ripe berries. Flavors of liqueur-soaked dark cherries, with pancetta and rosemary support smooth tannins that precede a long, silky finish.

Ned's Take:
I have to say that I liked this wine. It had a very nice nose that had some earthy tones mixed with refreshing flavor. I didn't pick up the smoked meat, but I think 'savory' was a good description. The taste and smell both made me think juicy. I thought of juicy berries, like cherries and cranberries, that were unwashed. The earthy plant taste didn't hurt the wine and actually added to the experience and made it more interesting than if it had been just fruit flavors. The taste was buttery and smooth, which went well with the smooth and relatively thick mouth feel. The taste felt balanced through the the finish and lasted a good amount of time. There wasn't really much of a transformation in the taste but it was consistently good throughout. I would say this was a pretty good wine and I wouldn't mind tasting it again.

Tasted Without Food

No comments:

Post a Comment